Sunday, February 26, 2006

Birthday of the Beast


Relax. Relax. I always have to calm Adam down when I do one of these posts to assure him I have not slipped into pure crackpottery (not that he doesn't already think so).

I say everybody loves "end of the world" stuff, be it the biblical Beast, asteroid strikes, global warming or whatever

Anyhow I saw this yarn and I started thinking. And I started doing some calculating with the numbers that appear in the article.

So, if the population of the Earth reached 6.5 billion on Feb. 25, 2006 at 7:16 p.m. and is scheduled to reach 7 billion on Oct. 18, 2012 at 4:36 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time,( Given the rate of increase of 4.4 individuals per second) then it should be a pretty straightforward calculation to determine when it reaches 6,666, 666, 666. Well, with all those sixes the Number of the Beast must be in there somewhere, right ?

I admit I can't even balance a checkbook, but I figure the magic moment to be early in the morning of April 23, 2007. Hey, that's right around the corner ! Well, if people start getting weird about 4/23/07 I want you all to remember that you heard it here first.

And to calm those who are alarmed by this prediction (and to retain my bonafides as a Christian) I point out that the Bible is clear that nobody knows when The End is coming, not even Jesus himself.

So don't worry, be happy, stay watchful and

Stay Naked

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home