Monday, January 09, 2006

'A Million Little Lies'?



Yikes. And I do mean Yikes. Have you read James Frey's 'A Million Little Pieces'? I did and liked it. I even went to NY and met Frey at a book signing. I would say I am a fan.

I am also a fan of The Smoking Gun. It's a great website full of actual celeb mugshots and they've shown a remarkable knack for tracking down celeb/notorious legal docs...

They just published a scathing investigation of Frey's books (the legal claims) HERE. A few tidbits..

"When I read that I figured he was taking license...he's a writer, you know, they don't tell everything that's factual and true." She added, "I just figured he embroidered a few things...I mean I'm sure not every single thing he said in there is gonna be true, do you think?"

"But he has demonstrably fabricated key parts of the book"

"Police reports, court records, interviews with law enforcement personnel, and other sources have put the lie to many key sections of Frey's book"

Frey responds on his wesbite HERE. He's says it's bullshit and he's not going to respond...

Here's the Zoos take. I've struggled with a lot of the same issues and James Frey wrote the story I wish I had and in fact, is remarkably close to much of the bullshit I've said. His 'reality' would match the pain I feel. It's my gut instinct the same is true in his case...his 'reality' didn't match his pain so he made one up that did...is he a bad person? No, he's just an addict...

Stay Naked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home