Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Meet Kevin Sullivan.


Kevin is a C-130 Navigator and has served three tours in Iraq. We here at the Zoo like to recognize that 'they', that is 'the troops', are individuals with stories like yours and ours. To that end we strongly support the work of organizations like Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America. It is organizations like this that let us meet and hear from 'the troops'. So click HERE to read a little something from Kevin Sullivan

"It is my birthday today and I was up at 12am watching the date switch over. It is not that I am particularly excited about my last year in my twenties, I just couldn't believe how much this did not feel like a birthday. I climbed to the top of a berm overlooking an expanse of moonlit desert and sat and thought about a birthday I had when I was a kid.

My father was a volunteer firefighter and his station would sell Christmas trees as a fund raiser. I used to love to get bundled up and help him out by sorting trees or picking up dropped tags. I never felt so happy than that time of year when I was a kid and my birthday would come with Christmas just a week away. Sometimes when I close my eyes, that feeling returns for just a moment. I really needed that tonight."

Thanks Kevin...and Happy Birthday.

Stay Naked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home