Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Images from the Front

Hey Zooheads. Every war has it's images and the 'war on terror' is no different. We get fed a steady stream of images that the media has deemed okay for us to see. Abu Gharib? We're fed only the images that are not considred too offensive. Well I find this approach offensive. Below you will find some images, some funny, some posed, some cute and some awful. The thing that ties them all together is they were taken by US soldiers as a way of remembering, of coping, of recording their time in uniform. They are uncensored and you can find hundreds more at Barbecuestopper.com (formerly NTFU). I am warning you now that they have a section of photos titled 'gory'. They are horrific and can be deeply disturbing but remember, this is the cost of war. These images are what our troops are experiencing everyday.
I want to make it 100% clear that we here at the Zoo support the troops 100%. They are our brothers and sisters...sons and daughters...fathers and mothers...we honor them and their sacrifices while abhoring the reasons they are there. We pray for their safe return and an end of the bloodshed on all sides.
The titles under the images are the original titles of the site. Any comments are strictly our opinions and are in parentheses...

dsc00034_102

chillin_145_Large_

companykuwait
anderson_20wilson_20hampton_964
(Look close and you'll see three soliders in this pic)

Tony Soprano Chilling in Iraq
(There's lots of pics of celebs visiting which I think is pretty cool of the celebs)

Over Afghanistan

powershot_024_121_485
(I love this pic, too funny...boys will be boys:)

dscf0025_509_136





dcp01759_170_Medium_


Stay Naked.

ad

1 Comments:

Blogger John1975 said...

Great post! This gave me an idea for a post on my blog. I think I'll type it up tonight.

Thanks for the comment on my blog!

John

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home