Monday, October 02, 2006

I wasn't going to say anything about this...


But I was asked to by a Zoohead:) What I'm talking about is the story burning up the airwaves right now concerning former Congressman Mark Foley (R-Fl). For those of you who don't know, Congressman Foley resigned after sexually explicit emails that he wrote to teenage underage Capital Hill pages came to light. The FBI is looking into this and the news is all focused on the political fallout as the ultra-conservative Washington Times appears to be calling for House Speaker Hasterts job. From Drudge "'House Speaker Dennis Hastert must do the only right thing, and resign his speakership at once... Mr. Hastert has forfeited the confidence of the public and his party, and he cannot preside over the necessary coming investigation, an investigation that must examine his own inept performance'... -- Washington Times, October 3, 2006"

Yikes.

So here's my problem.
So far no one has alleged he molested anybody, just wrote dirty emails. I'm not condoning that but I don't think any of these pages are scarred for life. My problem is Foleys apology.

I just came across an interesting wrinkle. Here's the ABC News quote:
"I strongly believe that I am an alcoholic and have accepted the need for immediate treatment for alcoholism and other behavioral problems"

and here's from an actual fax received by WPBF, "
"I strongly believe that I am an alcoholic and have accepted the need for immediate treatment for alcoholism and RELATED behavioral problems"

Hm...at first I thought he was saying that his alcoholism and pedophilia were 'related' which is a dangerous connection to make.

Stay Sober and as always...

Stay Naked.

ad

just not around Capital Hill Pages;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home